Review: Yoga for Your Mind and Body

Yoga for Your Mind and Body: A Teenage Practice for a Healthy, Balanced Life - Rebecca Rissman

Yoga for Your Mind and Body is a neat book of different yoga poses with step-by-step instructions on how to get in to the poses. For someone who is interested in yoga, this would probably be a great book for them to pick up. The photos are bright and interesting, with the end poses and variations (due to strain/flexibility) shown. The book is also grouped together into different poses to help/strengthen different muscle groups, and it also goes through how some of the specific poses flow from one to another.

The only downside to this book is that it is not available for kindle, due to the graphics, so the version I reviewed was a PDF. The actual book will be a paperback, released on April 1st for $14.95, which doesn't seem like a bad price for a useful yoga guide.

Even though this book seems to be targeted more toward teens, the usefulness of the photos and the descriptions/steps for the poses would be useful for any age group. Now, if only I was as flexible as the people shown in the photos!

Thank you to Capstone and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

-------------------

Yoga for Your Mind and Body can be ordered/pre-ordered through Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Your-Mind-Body-Practice/dp/1630790133