Four by R.E. Carr - Initial thoughts

Four - R.E. Carr

Months ago, I saw this book as one of the options on Kindle Scout so I nominated it. The book was selected to be published, so I got a free copy.

Now, when nominating items though Kindle Scout, you get to see the cover image, the book description, and you can also read an excerpt. This is where I admit that I almost never read the excerpts for any of the books, relying solely on the descriptions and the covers to grab my attention and make me interested enough for me to nominate a book.

For months, the book languished in my kindle... until the author contacted me though another site I post my reviews on, wanting to know if I would be interested in receiving a free copy of the book in exchange for a review. I admitted to her that I not only owned the book, but that I had nominated it to be published, which made her happy.

Since she asked nicely, I was happy to pull it out of digital mothballs and start reading it.

And I'm glad that I did. Only one chapter in - roughly 3% - I'm cracking up. Silently, because my husband is sleeping, but I'm already really enjoying this book. The author does a great hon at getting you interested right away, and I'm excited to read the rest of the book.